Agio Predicts Seismic Shift
in Outdoor Landscape
Tuesday, January 2, 2018
|Chairs in Carmel Color.|
In a first for the leader in Outdoor, Agio, USA will unveil its 2019 outdoor collections – that’s right, 2019 collections – at the Las Vegas Market from January 28 to February 1, 2018.
Agio officials confirmed today that the unprecedented preview demonstrates the manufacturer’s commitment to what it sees as a seismic shift in the Outdoor category.
“With Outdoor’s continued growth, coupled with new trade show markets emerging to serve our industry, it’s time now to reflect on how we – manufacturers and retailers – plan for upcoming seasons and adjust our thought processes,” said Mike Gaylord, vice president, Agio, USA.
Agio, working in cooperation with IMC and other industry thought leaders, is advocating that the Las Vegas Market’s January trade show should become the industry’s bellwether event and new first-preview platform for what’s next in Outdoor for the following calendar year.
“With a preview of new collections seven months before decision time in July, manufacturers will have the opportunity to incorporate comments from retailers and give collections a custom feel before orders are written,” Gaylord explained. “Retailers who take advantage of the opportunity to preview new products in January are gaining the advantage.”
Gaylord envisions the entire industry benefiting from the Las Vegas January Market approach. “From a manufacturing standpoint, it would certainly be a ‘win’ for us, because we’d gain the ability to hear valuable feedback from retailers and have sufficient time to retool and make necessary adjustments in advance of July’s Pre-Market,” he said.
For its part, Agio will unveil six new introductions at its Building C-1295 showroom in Las Vegas. While the 2019 preview items won’t be entire collections, Gaylord said that attendees will see color blends and shapes, trending materials, and examples of wicker, cast, dining and deep seating as well as Agio’s trademark fire pits.
“It’s time to embrace what is plainly in front of our industry. The Las Vegas Winter Market in January 2018 should be the first preview for what’s new in outdoor for 2019,” according to Gaylord. “If there were a crystal ball to see what 2019 will look like, wouldn’t you want to know?”
What to Expect from Agio at January 2018 Las Vegas Market
- Additions to existing collections and expanded top-selling collections
- New wicker and cast products with more indoor looks, which should translate nicely for more transitional homes
- Several new fire pits:
- Example: Carmel, a mid-century modern set, featuring a beautiful marble-top dining table that’s unlike any Agio collection to date
- Grey and taupe finishes continue
- Body cloths with green, blue and red
- More dining and fire pits:
- Plans include expanding some sets into deep seating based upon feedback heard at the January market
- Several swings, bar-height dining and bar-height fire options for existing sets
- Collection sizes span the spectrum and round out an overall good balance in variety:
- Larger pieces (sectionals)
- Smaller (bistros)